Saturday, June 30, 2012

NEVER AGAIN (PART 2)

The Word of God wants every Christian to walk in victory and newness of mind. Let the following encourage you to dwell within His promises, not your circumstances:


Never again will I confess discontent because "I have learned, in whatever state (circumstance) I am, with that I'll be content" (Phil.4:11)


Never again will I confess unworthiness because "He has made Him to be sin for us, who knew no sin, that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him" (2 Cor 5:21).


Never again will I confess confusion because "God is not the author of confusion, but of peace" (1 Cor. 14:33). And we have not received the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God: that we might know the things that are freely given to us" (1 Cor. 2:12).


Never again will I confess persecution, for if God is for us, who can be against us?" (Rom 8:31).


Never again will I confess the dominion of sin over my life because, "The law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death" (Rom.8:2); and "as far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us" (Psa 103:12)


Never again will I confess insecurity because "When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet... for the Lord shall be your confidence, and shall keep your foot from being taken" (Prov.3: 24-26).


Never again will I confess failure because, "In all these things, we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us" (Rom. 8:37).


Never again will I confess frustration, for "You will keep him in perfect peace whose mind is on you; because He trusts in you" (Isa. 26:3).

Never again will I confess fear of the future, "But as it is written, no eye has seen, no ear had heard, neither has entered the heart of man, the things which God has prepared for them that love Him, but God has revealed them to us by His Spirit" (1 Cor. 2:9-10).


Never again will I confess troubles because Jesus said, "In the world, you will have tribulations, but be of good cheer; I have overcome thew world" (John 16:33).


(Reprinted from a handout of the National Church of God, MD)

4 comments:

  1. Two of the hardest words to say are, yes, "Never again!" Things just keep coming back to haunt us and tempt us and we keep doing things again and again. Look at the people in the Bible! Ah, we stubborn people! But grace comes to the rescue again and again. How amazing is that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a good thing grace is like a bottomless soda treat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe everytime we say NO, we liberate the YES inside

    ReplyDelete