Wednesday, June 6, 2012

ABOVE THE NOISE

(reflectiveimaginarium.wordpress.com)
"Out of the way!" "Hurry, hurry, hurry!"  "Let me out first!"  "Yes, I made it in a flash!"

Words one might hear if messages or writings or photos or videos cris-crossing the information highway could by themselves talk or express their feelings. 

Information and knowledge that could fill untold volumes of books. That's what the world wide web has swamped us with.

Of course we're not complaining. Because information, of any kind, has never been that easy to find. My students and I love it that we don't need to find our lessons only in textbooks.

No wonder Encyclopedia Brittanica no longer prints its once-revered and treasured yet pricey volumes. No one could contain that vast amount of knowledge anymore.

Information has become as mobile, shifty and ethereal as the lifestyle of the people who demand and use it---almost for free! 

I could surf the world, even someone's street on the other side of my continent, while comfortably seated in front of the computer, and as I sip coffee and snack on my favorite pritong saba (fried bananas); or while googling through my cellphone as I rush to my coffee date with my retired amigas Grace and Tisha. 

Want to know what hamburgeology, hamburg, and hambug are all about? Just google the words and out tumble pages and pages of texts, photos and images---sometimes just too much to confuse you, because really, a lot hogwash likewise hogs the web.

Just now, I learned from Wikipedia that more than 172 million bloggers blog and more than a million new posts get launched each day.

So that begs the question, "Why would people even bother to read my blog, especially when more creative, insightful, funny, intelligent, intuitive and better writers dominate the blogosphere?"

Why do I even blog?

Frankly, I hesitated starting this blogsite back in 2009.

But with so many voices out there vying for readership, I figured, if I could just appeal to a few searchers each day, then that's enough for me. 

I just want Jesus known! I mean, the Jesus who became Word. He who promised wisdom, not just knowledge or a wealth of information, to those who would seek Him.

Then I would have, in a way, fulfilled---no matter how itsy-bitsy my part---Christ's desire for every believer to spread the Good News. His is the only good news in a world that's constantly being shaken by tremors, both geologic and man-made.  

In fact, I don't have a text of my own. My own message doesn't matter. But Christ's does.

He came that those who would believe in Him might have eternal life. That's a message that should impact everyone's eternity. That's a message which bears repeating and rewriting and reblogging---no matter how many voices vie for our attention. 

So I write with the mind Christ, believing that as I do, the love, grace, mercy and faithfulness of God would spark something in the hearts of people---that Jesus becomes the answer to someone's search for the truth. 

As far as I'm concerned, that's the only WORD worth sharing. The WORD should overpower the cocophony of centillion words put together---because the WORD spells LIFE, not death; FREEDOM, not bondage; INSPIRATION, not confusion; WISDOM, not foolishness; JOY, not discouragement.

JESUS, the WORD above all words!

3 comments:

  1. this is very true Ms. yay! We may not know it, but through our small efforts of blogging, the Lord is touching a random unbeliever's life or encouraging the life of a fellow believer like yours and Ms. G's posts do to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep blogging, Yay. It's not about the number of hits, it's the number of hearts hit by the Word above all words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen, amen, Grace and Ryan! Thank God we can even communicate this instantly because of the internet! Awesome grace!

    ReplyDelete