Monday, February 21, 2011

Home


From a recent probable seven, my stress level has dwindled to almost nil today.

No deadlines, lecture notes or powerpoint materials to prepare. And no test papers or assignments to check. Well, it's because I'm off-term from any kind of teaching, also from conducting seminars or writing for others.

Nowadays, my time is spent mostly with our daughter Lucci, son-in-law Joel, and their children Joaqui and Charlize in their suburban Sydney home.

I'm definitely home, even here.

It may be a cliche, but home is really where your heart is.

Ask any lolo or lola. Being with one's grandkids makes your heart swoon, ups your happy hormone, turns your vocabulary from bland to yummy (You've no choice, otherwise they won't understand you!), and forces your aching joints to flex to Justin Bieber's Baby.

Helping to dress up Charlize (she just turned four Feb.8) for school this morning, I asked if she knew how to put her shirt on. Pointing to the shirt's label she explained, "I've figured it out for myself."

Lola had no choice when Joaqui (he's eight) asked me to put together the kite pasalubong from the Philippines. I hadn't even done this for my son Carlo when he was a kid.

Anyway, another Joaqui request, "Can you help me fly it?" So to the backyard we went. While Joaqui ran with the kite, Charlize chased after it. Lola chased after them too, loving the cool Down Under air.

My sister Dulce and her family also reside in Sydney and we've planned our first bonding period this weekend.

Her delicious welcome treat: Fresh cherries, among other fruits! Dream come true (Ang babaw ko, hehe.) for someone who just gets to eat cherries (preserved pa) only from the top of a Red Ribbon black forest cake.

Well, at least I took the time to write today. And I pray I'd be in the groove to start writing the next book.

Stress level check? Nil and loving it.

5 comments:

  1. Awww you have a nice blog Ms. Yay... the way you write your blurbs is really engaging. I'm looking to forward to read more. Enjoy life down under in the meantime :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're in Eden, Yay! Relish the moments while you can!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, thanks Joanie and Grace, am really just coasting along, with Joaqui and Charlize as my coasters. Miss you both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blog Tita Yay!!!

    Remember me? I'll give you a few weeks to think about it!! hahaha!!!

    By the way, WELCOME to the wonderful city of Sydney.....again!!! I hope you're staying for a little longer this time. I'll see you real soon, if not at Lucci's place, definitely at Tito Jun's and Tita Dul's. I'll make sure I pop in when you're there.

    ♥ Mel Windsor (nee Cuisia).....ok just to make it even easier to remember....Tito Jun's niece. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My goodness, Mel, how could I forget? It's so nice of you to visit. Am looking forward to seeing you and your family. Am sure your kids are quite big already. Thanks for the welcome, I appreciate that!

    ReplyDelete