Monday, May 31, 2010

Days

Hi, I’m back. So sorry for my long absence.

After a string of activities—from doing seminars and stuff for some clients, getting involved in family events, to days when I was quite busy with really nothing, it feels good to blog again.

One of the special gatherings we attended on my husband’s side of the family was my brother-in-law’s birthday. Lito, their eldest, blew his 80th birthday candle.

I say “candle” because having 80 candles to blow may have been quite a feat for someone who has seen the sun set more than 29 thousand times. But at 80, Lito is a guy in control, planning his birthday up to the minutest detail. And what a blast his gig was!

I wonder if I could even reach that far. My guess is, I just might, because my mother went to be with the Lord at age 92; her sister at close to 100.

If Nanay didn’t break her pelvic bone (one day her behind missed the rocking chair), she could have lived to a hundred. I’m sure she’s a pretty 16 year old in her heavenly body now.

But I’m not even aiming for a hundred earth years.

“Teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain a heart of wisdom” (Psalm 90:12). I just want to complete my assignment. With flying colors! And when I’m done, I’m done!

Our days are just like a breath really. But what a sweet breath it would be if we spent it with His purpose as our daily fare.

Time to quit doing nothing.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Yay! Why do you think I pack my days with soooo many things to do. One never knows when the "call" comes, in a blink of an eye. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, it could really be any time so our days must be filled with doing HIs will. And I'm ready when that trumpet sounds. It's too bad we didn't see each other today. Yes, see you soon, wherever it is!

    ReplyDelete