Friday, January 1, 2021

NUMBER OUR DAYS

All it took was a tick of the clock. Year 2020 is over; 2021, here goes. Happy new year!                                                    

Yet, it's really just a new day.

It's intriguing how one tick can click us into a new year. Or how with one breath, one can cross over from life to the grave eternal life with Christ or apart from Him.

That's why Moses in Psalms 90:11 prayed, "Teach us to number our days that we may get a heart of wisdom."

God does not expect from us a list of resolutions which we break anyway when push comes to shove.  It's hard enough to tackle a day without getting entangled in sticky or yucky situations.

So why not be concerned about getting God's applause today.

Will you decide to be kinder today? Will you be a bit more gentle? Will you zip it and not let those critical or complaining words escape your mouth? Will you tell the truth when asked about your age? Will you be more patient with your wife or husband?

Will you resolve to abide in Him today? Yes! Today!

Moses asked God this (Psalm 90:14): "Satisfy us in the morning with your steadfast love, that we may rejoice and be glad all our days."

Twenty-twenty-one is one big stretch. Quite a blur as far as my puny mind can comprehend. The Bible speaks of perilous times ahead as the end times draw near. A scary prospect if you ask me. I may not even have tomorrow. This senior is sooo aware!

Yet, all the more will I remind myself every time I awake: His love is steadfast. He will never leave me or forsake me. If God be for me, who can be against me?

And I will pray as Moses prayed. "If your presence does not go with us, do not send us up from here." (Exodus 33:15) 

Plan if you must but never go empty. Stock up on life support musts. His Word. Pray. Do as Jesus did.

His glory is all you need. That's His presencethe weight and power of heaven, the authority of the King of kings, and the saving grace of His shed bloodgiving you victory as you yield to His leading.

Prayer: Jesus, give me wisdom as I face the challenges of this new year. Be my rock of refuge, protect me from any kind of sickness or harm. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment