Monday, June 29, 2015

JESUS DIE-HARD

"You're such fanatics."

"What a bunch of fools."

"Self-righteous bible-quoting die-hards."

If you're a Jesus believer and follower, you get comments like these a lot.

But I say, bring it on!

I used to get hurt when those around me mocked my faith. They may not say it in your presence but you know they talk about you having gone looney as they make this circular motion on their temple.

But I'd rather be ridiculed for doing it His way than being found to have laundered money, or for being corrupt or taking advantage of others.

You see, if you've discovered the greatest treasureand Jesus is the greatest treasure of all nothing in all the world, not even the jeering of those you love, can discourage you.

Jesus' promise and faithfulness to fulfill it is enough: "I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly" (John 10:10).

I had my own Jesus momentwhen I realized how sinful I was and needed Him to save memany years ago. My life hasn't been the same since.

Until you know Jesus, life is a confused-sad-merry-aimless-fearful-go-round. Oh yeah, I thought I was doing fine, but deep down, I was grasping at strawsdoubting my ability to make anything of my life. You could qualify me an agnostic, believing in a god who was uninvolved, distant and unknowable.

That born again experienceand subsequent encounters with Him through the bible and through others who lived like Jesusopened my eyes to His awesomeness, power and majesty. Unless you start seeing God this BIG, you continue to be your own god.

The only cure for narcissism is Jesus. He wants a personal relationship with you and me, so we can see things His way.

I knew too, the moment I prayed to accept Him as my Savior and Lord, He took residence in my heart. Something good happened within me, a journey from one glory to another:

I used to think money and position were my source of security, but Jesus patiently proved He would be my provider and my source of promotion too, as long as I honored Him with my life and finances.

How could I, even if I considered lying to avoid embarrassment, all of a sudden think, "That's not right;" then resist that urge altogether? 

Jesus is the Great Teacher. John 14:38"…the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you."

Whywhen gossiping used to be second nature to mecould I now bite my tongue to avoid slandering someone?

My biggest whywhy could I sleep soundly at night when prior to my knowing Jesus, I couldn't get a decent zzzz because I worried too much?

Philippians 4:7(ISV)―Then God’s peace, which goes far beyond anything we can imagine, will guard your hearts and minds in union with the Messiah Jesus.

Where was all this coming from? It could only be Jesus!

He says of those who have a relationship with Him: (John 14:23) "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them."

The best news ever? Everyone who acknowledges Jesus can change. No sin or rebellion is too big for Him. Jesus is the way, the truth and the life. Who better to ask for a total makeover than Himyour Maker?

Simply, a Jesus die-hard is one who:
·         Has repented of his sins, acknowledged Jesus as his Savior and Lord
·         Develops a hunger to know Him more, His Word and His willthe bible being the source of all these
·         After discovering and proving that God works in awesome ways, obeys Him more and more, allowing Him to be Lord, even if opposed by othersin spite of supreme court justices or politicians justifying sin as right

Our Maker could not be mocked. Either He is Lord or not at all. Either His truth prevails or not at all. 

So many recent events have made believers fearful of persecutions. But why fear? Jesus still sits on the throne. He is in control. But He's patient, allowing everyone to come to repentance.

But He cautions believers not to confront God-and-truth bashers with hate. If you've indeed been set free, then speak the truth in love and demonstrate it, just as Jesus did.

Most of us live in places where we can freely worship and practice our faith. Believers in terrorist-controlled states would rather die than renounce their faith in Jesus. If push comes to shove, will you too?

That's what it means to be a Jesus die-hardbecause you know in your heart of hearts, Jesus will prevail, no matter what. He's coming soon so let's not be found slacking or keeping mum.

Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace (Isaiah 9:6). He's all these and everything else you've ever wanted. Rest in that and hold your light up in the darkness.

If all these sound strange to you but you want to experience more of God in your life, sincerely pray:


Jesus, I need you. I repent of my sins. I accept you now as my Lord and Savior. Holy Spirit, help me to obey. Father, have your way in me. In Jesus name.

No comments:

Post a Comment