Tuesday, November 11, 2014

NO DEPOSIT LEADS TO PANIC

source: finance.oriyaonline.com
Was there ever a time you checked your ATM or bank account and found almost nothing there? 

I did, recently; discovering to my dismay that my monthly pension from SSS has stopped, leaving me with just a balance of 44 pesos and 50 cents. 

"You should have come to us a year after receiving your pension," said the bank officer. 

Apparently, SSS just wants to make sure I'm still alive and my money does not get into the hands of someone mining my death for profit. And I didn't know that.

It was pretty scary --- knowing you have money in the bank then discover you've got nothing, zilch! I nearly panicked. To a retiree, pension money is sustenance. 

Someone should have made a deposit but I missed my bank appointment and that did it for me. All is well, of course, because the bank helped settle the matter with SSS.

Panic is what I experience too when, too lazy or busy to read the bible, I face my daily challenges with my own grit and power. 

It's a no-brainer: If you meditate on His Word before starting your day, you're better prepared to handle situations and issues fighting for your attention. 

It's so easy to give in to temptation --- be arrogant, prideful, resentful, hateful, angry, judgmental, depressed, etc. --- if the Gospel is not richly deposited in our hearts. 

Ephesians 6 says that His Word --- fashioned as our belt of truth --- enables us to stand firm to face the enemy. No weapon formed against us shall prosper if we allow ourselves to be covered by the full armor of God! 

But this happens only if we renew our minds daily with His Word. The mind of Christ rescues us from needless panic or fear.  

So don't let your heart account go kaput. Daily kneel before God. Be refreshed by His Word because He promised to let the truth set you free. 

No comments:

Post a Comment