Thursday, February 9, 2012

POWER


http://amazingtourismtraveling.com/niagara-falls-are-one-of-baeautiful-amazing-waterfalls-in-the-world/niagara_falls_lights

I've most of the time taken it for granted that I could write this blog because the computer I'm typing with is plugged to a power source, which through the wonders of technology, is somehow connected to someone's computer which is also connected to another power source.

But remove both power sources and we're both powerless about all attempts to communicate.

Imagine coal: A conglomeration of ages of matter trapped in the bowels of the earth now being used to run power plants to bring electricity to our homes.

Or water from rivers: Dammed to generate electricity where rich waterways abound.

Or wind or solar power which in recent years have become sources of renewable energy; or petroleum which for ages has continuously powered industries and automobiles.

Jesus speaks of a greater kind of power---mightier than power from oil or gas or coal or the sun. This power which can change hearts and turn people's lives around.

While Jesus walked the earth, he opened people's eyes, commanded the lame to walk, freed the demon-possessed, made the dead live again. But the greatest demonstration of this power came when on the third day after His death on the cross, He rose again, set the captives free from Abraham's bosom; likewise offering eternal life to those who would believe in Him.

Its demonstration? Changed lives through changed hearts, through the power of the Holy Spirit.

Jesus told His apostles before He ascended to heaven , "I am going to send you what my Father has promised; but stay in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high" (Luke 24:49).

This same Holy Spirit continues to empower those who turn their lives over to Jesus.

I was an unbeliever once, but God has so ordered my life to the point that I didn't have much recourse but to repent and humble my heart before Jesus. My life has never been the same since.

Without Jesus, I would have remained the same arrogant, prideful and self-centered person that I used to be. Though I still struggle with these, by the Holy Spirit's power, I'm always led back to the cross, basking in His grace and mercy, confident that each day, I'm a new person in Christ Jesus, and that I can do all (good) things through Him.

No greater power exists than the power of God's love to change broken lives and make them brand new.

Have you experienced this all-encompassing power? The bible says to repent and acknowledge you're a sinner and believe in Jesus Christ, and you will be saved.

He is Lord of all creation. He's your Creator. And he wants to be great in your life. That's the only power we need to go on!


2 comments:

  1. Only Jesus can power up our lives, no matter how great (how smart, how intelligent) we think we are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen. The sooner we know we're helpless and in a hopeless state, the sooner we can have that power.

    ReplyDelete