Sunday, August 16, 2009

STEPPING OUT

Doing this blog, my first, is not easy. I'm probably just afraid of stumbling. I've always had this fear of being vulnerable if I said too much, with strangers ganging up on me for whatever reckless things I say. But I succumbed finally.

My author friend Grace Chong has been blogging successfully---and quite happily---for a few years now and I am just awed at how effortlessly she lets us know God's gifts of grace even in the most mundane and insignificant situations. And she often nudged me to start blogging. "I have become a blogaholic," she proudly proclaimed as she gave a testimony about my first published inspirational book when it was launched last year at Powerbooks. Blogging is like child's play once you get used to it, she suggested.

Because, frankly, there are just too many things to write about, little life lessons which I believe someone can identify with and learn a thing or two from, especially those in the most interesting and care-free part of their existence---meaning people in my age group who are nearly or already flashing senior citizen cards whenever they eat in restaurants; or young people who may benefit from the wisdom of the young once. So save your heart, your fear or your tear, dear. I didn't grow grey hair for nothing. Let's sit and talk a while.

Know that these little nuggets of wisdom come from someone who's been there, done that. I'm my first reader and demonstrator actually. My everyday is a series of stumbles, fumbles, foibles and rising up; and what lessons these crashes and rises bring.

Besides, at least if the good Lord takes me anytime soon, and I face Him to give an account of my life, I will not be accused of having hidden and squandered whatever gift He's so graciously lent me. Too, while my memory is not yet on silent mode---because I feel it unexpectedly snoozing even without prompting---I might as well put these musings to bed. Also, what if my next book doesn't get printed? A blog entry is alive forevermore in this etherworld called the net even if it doesn't see print!

So there you are, blog. You're finally out in the open. That wasn't so hard after all. Yes, by God's grace, I did it!

With my encourager Grace Chong

6 comments:

  1. you were afraid while doing this blog but i want to tell you have done a great job, You're finally out in the open.

    Cash Online Get Easy cash at your door step

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, thanks Rene! That means a lot to me... coming from you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's better late than never.. Congratulations, Ms. Yay!!! more blogs to come.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fred, thanks! Yes, nothing's ever too late. All the best to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Has it been six years?! Let's celebrate and look forward to the next six! (That coffee shop has closed--that's how old this photo is. LOL)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What grace! We are still strong and atill having coffeee and enjoying times together, even Cashier 2, hehe. Na-outlive natin ang coffee shop!

      Delete